Dim Sum (Boogie) Nights with Toronto's Master Chef Canada, Eric Chong
Late 1970’s Disco and Dim Sum. Count Us In. Eric Chong, winner of season one of MasterChef Canada, brings a playful Dim-Sum doubleheader, straight from the heart of Toronto’s Chinatown to frame for a mid-November weekend. With years of sharpening his skills by apprenticing in the kitchens of Buca in Toronto and traveling extensively through Asia, Eric is chef and partner of Toronto’s R&D, a slightly non-traditional Chinatown dining experience with mentor and partner, Alvin Leung of Hong Kong’s Michelin-starred Bo Innovation. At R&D, poutine comes topped with silken tofu and General Sanders’ Chicken pairs fried bird with Sichuan maple syrup and Hong Kong egg waffles. For this frame weekend, Eric’s experience brings handmade Dim Sum delicately handcrafted and steamed to perfection in our open kitchen. Paired with wine and cocktails from frame’s marble bar, this is Dim Sum – the Toronto way.
(01) Chawanmushi Japanese Savoury Custard, Dashi, Dungeness Crab, Sea Urchin
(02) Steamed Dim Sum Trio Fun Guo – Chicken, Truffle, Bamboo, Carrot Siu Mai – Pork, Shrimp, R&D Chili Sauce Lo Bak Go – Daikon, Scallop, Har Mi
(03) Baked/ Fried Dim Sum Trio Char Siu Bao – Chinese BBQ Pork, Fresh Brioche, Mexican Bun Topping Spring Roll – Beef Short Rib, Caramelized Onions, Swiss Cheese Fried Har Gow – Tapioca & Shrimp Crusted Prawn, Sweet Sambal Sauce
(04) Thai Beef Curry Bone-in Beef Short Rib, Bone Marrow, Lemongrass, Seasonal Vegetables, Coconut Rice
(05) Matchamisu Organic Matcha Mascarpone, Callebaut Sponge, Hong Kong Milk Tea Mousse, Fortune Cookie
++Chef is kindly requesting no dietary modifications to the menu++
Saturday, November 16th 5:30pm and 8:30pm seatings Sunday, November 17th 4:00pm and 7:00pm seatings $65 per person + tax and service fee Included: A modern Canadian Asian dinner experience by Chef Eric Chong Additional: A wine pairing by frame’s resident wine director and sommelier, Bryan Lamorena. ++ a la- carte beer, wine, and frame cocktails.
Tickets on Sale Now. While we are so grateful it’s still warm and sunny, we know the inevitable winter is…coming. And with the change of season comes the excitement of holiday parties — whether you’re looking to book a casual company happy hour or a seated chef dinner experience with paired wines and cocktails, we’ve got you covered with a frame private experience, curated just for you. firstname.lastname@example.org